Better is reimagining home finance and making it faster, cheaper, and easier for everyone to become a homeowner. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the home buying journey more approachable and understandable and home finance more affordable and accessible. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- We’ve funded over $100 billion in loans for our customers, more than any other fintech
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020 and 2021
- We are Forbes’ Best Online Mortgage Lender for 2023
- We are USA Today’s Best Mortgage Lenders of 2023, Best for FHA Loans
- We have raised over $1.2 billion in equity capital to transform the mortgage industry, the largest financial asset class in the world
- And we’re just getting started!
We are a place where smart, hungry, ambitious people who want to recognize their full potential thrive.
A Better opportunity
We’re looking for best in class mortgage loan originators as part of our quest to make a Better Mortgage available to all Americans. At Better, our team of loan originators is responsible for helping us continuously innovate and ensure we’re bringing superior customer service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, you’ll be on the front lines of making every borrower’s mortgage experience better, empowering them to make one of the most important financial decisions of their life. Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company giving you many opportunities to share customer insights and ultimately improve Better's core technology and message.
- Acting as a loan originator for your own pipeline
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process
- Providing the best customer experience possible
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you
- Collaborating with Operations, Engineering, Product, and Marketing on ways in which we can improve the borrower experience
- A winning culture carrier who loves to help consumers win the home of their dreams
- Minimum of 2 years experience in residential mortgage sales or processing (NMLS licensed)
- Track record of beating quota and winning sales awards, with references that verify motivation, success and solid work ethic
- Has a "can-do" attitude - always looking for ways to solve problems rather than dwelling on them
- History of having high standards and a competitive drive to win
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Knowledge of agency conventional underwriting products
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- The desire to work hard and crush it
Our total rewards package consists of a base salary with no draw, incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Some of our benefits include:
- A generous ramp plan while learning our systems and building out an individual pipeline.
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, health savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals.
- Additional benefit perks & discounts.
Better Home & Finance Holding Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for our employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status, or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Better will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.