- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Health Tech
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: bighealth.com
- Company Address: 461 Bush St, San Francisco, CA, 94108
About Big HealthBig Health’s mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing safe and effective non-drug alternatives for the most common mental health conditions including insomnia and anxiety.
As the Assistant Controller at Big Health, you will:
- Drive the development and implementation of strategies to improve accounting operational efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including policies, processes, and system changes.
- Drive the monthly financial close activities across the UK and US entities ensuring accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reporting by preparing and approving journal entries, monthly reconciliations, and monthly variance analysis.
- Build, mentor, and coach the Finance and Accounting team while implementing and streamlining the strategic direction of the department from the ground up.
- Lead the billing, financial statements, the general ledger, project accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, compliance, payroll, and similar functions of the company.
- Build and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Evaluate new accounting pronouncements and assess impact on financial reporting. Author accounting policies and memos and work with accounting firms to obtain approval of accounting treatments on all items of the financial statements.
- Own the company’s capitalization table – manage all employee stock option activities, 409A valuation, ASC 718 expense reporting, and other stock administrative functions.
- Own all system automation and implementation projects – accounting system, payable systems, treasury systems and forecasting system, etc.
- Develop and manage strong collaborative relationships with business teams across the company to build scalable processes and drive best practices.
- Participate in the annual budgeting cycle and ongoing reforecast; work with the FP&A team to build and maintain Big Health’s complex financial models.
- Lead a consolidated audit for all entities under the org structure and ensure ongoing audit compliance, and drive process to evaluate auditors on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain and develop treasury and banking relations, and ensure compliance with investment and cash policy.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required
- 5-7 years experience in accounting management ideally in a small start-up environment
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles - both US and International
- A passion for taking ownership in creating and streamlining new processes
- High attention to detail and ability to meet hard deadlines
- Adaptability with a problem-solving attitude
- Ability to independently manage change and ambiguity as one of two accounting team members at Big Health
- An innate ability to run with little oversight and operate when ambiguity occurs
- A business and finance mindset
- Experience in healthcare startup is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, technical, and mission-focused environment
Life at Big Health
- Join a diverse team of all backgrounds, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer
- Autonomy over your work and freedom to execute
- Enjoy a clearly structured personal review and development program
- Quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we’re creating a healthy and happy workplace for ourselves.
- Regular team and company eventsGenerous vacation and maternity/paternity policy
- Competitive salary and equity package
More Background on Big Health
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Softbank, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- With offices in London and San Francisco, Big Health’s products are used by large multinational employers and major health plans to help improve sleep and mental health