- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 05/26/2023
- Website: revolut.com
- Company Address: 7 Westferry Circus, London, GB, E14 4HD
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About RevolutWe are building the world’s first truly global financial superapp. In 2015, Revolut launched in the UK offering money transfer and exchange. Today, our 15 million customers around the world use dozens of Revolut’s innovative products to make more than 100 million transactions a month.
Remote: Poland | Portugal | Romania | Spain
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 25+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Technology team isn’t just one of the best in the industry, it’s one of the best in the world. And we’re proud of it. It’s our driving force; our engine 🚀
From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, there’s nothing (and we mean nothing) our tech team can’t do.
Our Technology team isn’t here to fix legacy systems – it’s here to build world-class financial products from the ground up.
Products that will be used by millions of people around the world 🌎
You may expect our Python Engineers to work on heavily regulated banking systems, but we love the unexpected.
We’re actually better known internally for writing high-quality code and building complex novel solutions end-to-end 🧠
These geniuses have created our chatbot – the lovely Rita – and they didn’t stop there 🤯
They’ve also created automated FinCrime quality controls in a few weeks. Yes, they’re just that good!
You’ll never work alone, either. As a Python Engineer, you’ll sit within a Product Team – simultaneously working with Data Scientists, Analysts, Engineers, Product Owners and Operations Managers to solve problems and make our rocket ship fly even higher 🚀
Ready to join? 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Building APIs making sure they are properly designed and scale according to the business needs
- Creating data pipelines to pull data from production services into our data warehouse - powering reporting, data analytics and data science
- Writing event consumers to build new data models in order to provide this data to new flows and processes
What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years Engineering with Python as your primary language
- An academic background in a STEM subject
- Fluency in Python, SQL and other OOPLs
- Experience with API development & integration
- Practical understanding of distributed systems
- Ability to write concurrent code in IO/CPU bound situations
- Experience with Docker, K8s, Ansible, Teamcity, monitoring and alerting
Nice to have
- Experience with prototyping and sketching
- Multiple side projects or open source contributions
- Exposure to GCP
- Experience with Django Framework
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.