- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Transportation
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: www.rimac-automobili.com
- Company Address: Ljubljanska 7, Sveta Nedelja, Croatia , 10431
About RimacAs a part of Bugatti Rimac, Rimac Automobili is a leading electric hypercar brand that designs, engineers, and produces the next generation of performance cars.
Rimac Technology are rapidly innovating both technology and business models to increase the pace of de-carbonisation across multiple industries. Rimac Technology have created an exciting new business unit to commercialise a highly promising new technology across both the mobility and energy sectors.
This new business unit is looking for a Battery Module Design Engineer to sit within the Mechanical Integration Team to work closely with a team of multi-disciplinary experts to develop battery and power conversion products for stationary storage applications. The main responsibilities include detailed design of components into complex battery systems, part drawing and tolerancing, ownership of component verification and validation plans and then working closely with the team to bring the solutions into fruition. This will further extend to managing and delivering to system and components level requirements, optimisation of design through iteration with our simulation team, and managing test programs to validate the technology.
This role will also include working as part of a dynamic team to help develop and execute our vision, mission & values and concretizing our objective to do measurable social and environmental good.
- Designing components for battery modules for the energy storage market
- Supplier communication for design for manufacture
- Creating part drawings and evaluating part tolerances
- Contribution to component level validation planning
- Exploring novel solutions to reduce cost, improve performance and meet ESG goals
- Lead initiatives to do environmental and social good, and integrate this into actionable projects, company policies and culture
- Visit national and international trade fairs to present, observe market trends and represent our company
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Mechanical or electrical).
- 2 years+ of experience in electric vehicle, battery storage, the energy industry, and/or other related engineering backgrounds
- A passion for electrification and de-carbonization
- A desire to seek to improve our future by bringing cutting-the-edge technology to market
- Prior knowledge of CAD software (preferably CATIA)
- Strong communication, both verbally and in written form
- You can lead, inspire, and motivate a team exploring new business ventures
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
Considered as an advantage
- You have prior experience of ESS systems
- You have prior experience designing part with different manufacturing methods, such as injection molding, extruding, casting, sheet metal forming etc
- You continuously create ideas and seek opportunities beyond the obvious
- You make things happen with pragmatism and a can-do attitude
- You have experience with system testing and verification
- You are familiar with the latest battery technology and capable of technical innovation
What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Private healthcare coverage
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?