- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: revolut.com
- Company Address: 7 Westferry Circus, London, GB, E14 4HD
About RevolutWe are building the world’s first truly global financial superapp. In 2015, Revolut launched in the UK offering money transfer and exchange. Today, our 15 million customers around the world use dozens of Revolut’s innovative products to make more than 100 million transactions a month.
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 25+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. Those special agents work across functions, products, and regions to monitor front-line performance and ensure that the business is on safe footing 🕶️ People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives, from App Technology, through Treasury and Finance, to Customer Support 💫
We’re looking for a Risk Manager who’ll be identifying, quantifying, and managing Revolut’s Capital risk in an excellent manner 📣 A superstar to join the team which operates as a second line of defence and is responsible for ensuring that risks and controls are properly managed by first line businesses. Someone who’ll work closely with Treasury, Finance, Operations, Technology, and the broader Risk organisation to independently assess and oversee risk taking activities 👀
Up for the challenge? Let’s get in touch 👇
What you’ll be doing
- Setting standards for managing capital risk, including risk appetite and impact assessments/responses to changes in capital risk regulations
- Preparing the local ICAAP and Recovery plan
- Developing and maintaining risk management policies, procedures, limits, stress testing capabilities, analytics, system support, and reporting infrastructure
- Engaging and challenging first line businesses to identify, monitor, and govern emerging capital risks, including new product risk assessments
- Monitoring Revolut capital risk exposures vs. established limits (internal and regulatory), investigating risk events, producing related MI reports and escalating breaches to the appropriate committee
- Identifying the key financial and non-financial risks that require capital allocation
- Building financial models and forecasting for capital planning and enhancing the existing models
- Proposing capital allocation limits and managing the approval process
- Establishing strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group to enforce current risk management frameworks, identify emerging risks, and provide effective challenge
What you'll need
- 5+ years of proven experience in Capital Risk Management or Management Consulting in financial services
- Knowledge and experience of capital risk regulations, issues and methodologies, including ICAAP and Recovery Planning
- Understanding of global financial markets, products, and key capital risk drivers
- Knowledge of risk-related regulations, their application/impact in the banking industry
- Understanding of various stress testing methodologies along with practical experience with model development, implementation, and governance
- Ability to break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work (experience with SQL or other scripting language a plus)
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, and drive change
- Strong interpersonal skills
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.