- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: zopa.com
- Company Address: Cottons Centre, Tooley Street, London, United Kingdom, SE1 2QG
About ZopaWe’re Zopa, and we want to make money work better for you.
Our diverse team is united in their mission of creating simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customer’s needs at their heart. We’re proud that this dedication is reflected in our excellent rating on TrustPilot.
We began our journey in 2005 with the drive to deliver customer-first financial products. Fast forward to 2020, we shifted gears and became a digital bank, leveraging our customer knowledge, money expertise and technical agility to forge ahead. Our diverse team is united by a mission to create simple, fair and honest financial products that have the customers’ needs at their heart.
We’re regularly recognised at industry awards for our game-changing products and are proud to be one of the market leaders in consumer lending in the UK. But our work doesn’t stop there.
After securing £220 million in our 2021 funding round led by SoftBank, we’ve entered the next stage in our journey. So far, we’ve lent out over £8 billion and made money work better for over half a million people across the UK who were looking to borrow or save with us. In less than 2 years after becoming a bank, we hit £2 billion in customer deposits and we’re also a top 5 credit card issuer in the UK. And this is just the beginning.
We’re set on achieving big things with ambitious growth targets to match. This means there's a range of opportunities for you to excel and develop through a career at Zopa, while building better banking products that truly matter to our customers.
If you embrace unconventional challenges, are unafraid to think differently and are driven to make an outsized impact, you’ll thrive here at Zopa. For a closer look at our culture, check out our latest video here. And if you want to join us, have a look at our current open roles!
We’re looking for an exceptional Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst to join our Finance team. Reporting to Senior Manager FP&A and working in a team of 5 you will have responsibility for analysing, understanding and forecasting key elements of Zopa’s financial performance with a primary focus on costs.
As well as analysing and reporting financial results, you will be driven to positively influence future financial performance across Revenue, Costs, Balance Sheet, Cash and Capital. We’re looking for someone who can roll their sleeves up and get stuck into multiple investigations as required to achieve our goals. In return, the role provides the right candidate with the opportunity to shape and define one of the industry’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies!
A day in the life:
- Act as financial/commercial business partner to business functions and senior management
- Build forecasts using historic trends plus commercial input from business functions
- Provide detailed analysis on costs and lead monitoring of cost initiatives for the business
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to drive discussions around senior management committees and cost forums
- Provide guidance and options for improved financial performance to business functions
- Create MI report for internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Boards, Investors)
- Multiple pieces of ad hoc analysis to support various commercial initiatives
- Work with other team members on best utilisation of our forecasting tool, Anaplan
- You’ll have demonstrable experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis role
- You’ll be extremely comfortable working in excel, building models to analyse large volumes of data and synthesise your analysis into a succinct output
- The ability and confidence to explain financial performance to a mixed audience
- You’ll ideally be working towards an accounting qualification or similar
- A very good understanding of Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- The drive to solve problems and comfortable working with large volumes of detailed data
- Good knowledge of SQL and Tableau (or similar BI tools)
- Anaplan experience useful but not necessary
- You’re comfortable working under pressure to deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail
- A positive outlook
Flexible working? Yes please!
Whether you want to come into our open-plan, riverside London Bridge office or work from the comfort of your own home (or both!), you’ll be able to decide on an approach with your manager, looking at what works best for you, your role and your team.
Not only that – you'll also have the option of working from abroad for up to 120 days a year!* But no matter where you are, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to thrive, both in your work and home life, from day one.
*Subject to having the right to work in the country of choice
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.