- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Health Tech
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: vir.bio
- Company Address: 499 Illinois St, San Francisco, CA , 94158
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Vir BiotechnologyVir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases.
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B and hepatitis D viruses, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
Based in San Francisco and reporting to the VP of FP&A, VIR is seeking a Director, Program Finance to support our Chronic Disease Portfolio including HBV, HDV, HIV, and TB. The individual will work hand in hand with our program teams, providing program financial forecasting, reporting, and insights in support of program strategy. The position requires excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), analytical, and cross functional collaboration skills, with a sound understanding of pharmaceutical drug development and a thoughtful sense on how financials and strategy connects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Be the subject matter expert of all programs financial considerations, including relevant partnership economics, funding sources, and key drivers for value
- Improve and maintain program financial reporting, including internal, collaboration, or government / non-profit partnership budget and forecast processes.
- Responsible for routine and ad hoc financial modeling and reporting to program teams, and asset NPV modeling supporting corporate model and BD valuation needs
- Support collaboration partnership financial needs, including quarter-end activities for revenue recognition or cost share, funding application, and reporting to our collaboration partners
- Develop strong rapport with program team and collaboration counterparts; serve as trusted business partner and financial go-to person for program teams to help explain, clarify, and implement financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Proactively gather, analyze, prepare, and ensure awareness and alignment on key financial insights to program and management teams.
- Suggest and implement enhancement to existing processes and reporting
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses and projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related fields with 7+ years of experience in finance related roles.
- Sound understanding of pharmaceutical drug development process a must
- Excel power user, experience with NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, or Coupa a plus
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP accounting and SOX requirements
- Track record of effectively partnering across the organization with a Collaborative style working across internal and external teams a must
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.