- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Health Tech
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: vir.bio
- Company Address: 499 Illinois St, San Francisco, CA , 94158
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Vir BiotechnologyVir Biotechnology is a clinical-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases.
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B and hepatitis D viruses, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our mission. We are committed to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results. We are proud to have been ranked the fastest-growing company in North America on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
The goal of our internship program is to give students who want to work in the biotech industry a meaningful learning experience.
This is a paid internship where you will learn skills and get hands-on experience to help you in your future career.
At the end of the program, all interns have to give a formal presentation about their work. Please note that no relocation assistance nor sponsorship is provided for the internship program at this time.
Vir Biotechnology is looking for an intern to work on one or more projects under the guidance of a Medical Affairs Director and independently, depending on the project. You will provide support to the Medical Affairs department under the direction of their mentor, the Medical Affairs Director. Interns will apply classroom-based knowledge to hands-on projects and gain essential skills needed to be career-ready.
We are looking for an intern who is collaborative and able to work in a matrixed environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Support publication activities
- Create communication tools, such as PowerPoint presentations and other training materials
- Organize and conduct journal club presentations for internal training
- Assemble medical affairs newsletter
- Help with KOL mapping
- Support lexicon development
- Perform literature and social media surveillance
- Work with team members and departments to understand needs and gain understanding on deliverables
- Perform accuracy checks of scientific content including medical information letters and slide decks
- Receive guidance and mentoring from professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments
- Perform miscellaneous job-related responsibilities as need arise
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 40 hours a week
- PharmD or PhD Candidate
- Experience working in a remote environment
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERN/CO-OP POSITIONS:
- Commit to an entire session (typically 12 weeks in the summer or fall) and commit to the number of hours needed
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- If you are assigned to work in the lab areas, please be advised that you may be required or recommended to have your Hep B vaccination, flu vaccine and/or TB testing
- Application deadline: March 31, 2023
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.