- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: vendr.com
- Company Address: 501 Boylston St, 10th Floor, Boston, MA, 02116
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About VendrVendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $1B in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 230 employees, Vendr is a privately held company founded in 2019 by Ryan Neu. Read more at vendr.com.
Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $2 billion in SaaS purchases across 2,300+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 340+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
The Vendr culture is one where kindness, teamwork, mutual support, and bold initiative are encouraged. Read more about our values.
In June 2022, we raised $150M in Series B funding at a $1B valuation, co-led by Craft Ventures and SoftBank with return investments from Tiger Global, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $2 Billion+ in software spend
- Saved $304M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
We're seeking a Data Product Manager to help Vendr become the world’s top authority on everything related to SaaS data. In this role, you’ll be responsible for helping Vendr make transformational changes in the way companies Find, Buy, and Manage SaaS. This person will be an early member of a skilled and passionate team and will play a key role in defining the future of our ability to delight customers. You will join a rapidly growing innovation team focused on moving quickly, learning, and iterating.
What you'll do:
- Leverage first hand experience with relevant software to inform data set improvements.
- Identify, communicate, and lead the resolution of data gaps that impede the fulfillment of customer and operational objectives.
- Define, monitor, and help refine metrics to validate the efficacy of our approach.
- Manage a team of data analysts to facilitate constant data cleansing and improvements.
- Establish best practices and guidelines around how we classify and represent the right software for a given customer’s business.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for which products and features we build, how we scale them and why.
- Participate in user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, etc.
- Develop data product roadmaps and build alignment across the organization (Marketing, Operations, Customer Success, Buyer Negotiation, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team.
What we need:
- 5+ years of product management experience - Ideally, you have experience working in B2B SaaS
- Technical experience as follows:
- SQL (2 years)
- Data analysis and/or engineering (2 years)
- Python or similar (1-2 years)
- Experience developing strategy, executing against it, and delivering measurable results
- Strong work ethic with a “get stuff done” mentality
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal, and visual
- Demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative customer research and effectively identifying and interpreting key findings
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with data science, engineering, user research and different business functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with C-level executives
- Ability to excel in a customer-facing environment