- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 05/26/2023
- Website: revolut.com
- Company Address: 7 Westferry Circus, London, GB, E14 4HD
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About RevolutWe are building the world’s first truly global financial superapp. In 2015, Revolut launched in the UK offering money transfer and exchange. Today, our 15 million customers around the world use dozens of Revolut’s innovative products to make more than 100 million transactions a month.
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 25+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 5000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Legal team sits at the heart of Revolut and it's a very important part of the business 🚀
This lovely bunch supports all other Revolut teams, helping us achieve our goals each and every day.
They're special, they're strong-willed and they work on a lot of different areas (which is not that common for an in-house role, we know, but they're just that good) 🧠
From structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories, the Legal team does it all! 😎
Are you a problem solver? This one's for you! 🧠
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel who’ll advice Revolut on compliance and legal issues around our financial products 📣
An expert of consumer credits, financial regulations. An individual who’s excelling at leadership but dares to undertake a hands-on role when needed 👊
Excited to join? We can't wait to have you on board 🚀
What you’ll be doing
- Advising the business on compliance and legal issues surrounding structuring of new and existing financial products (primarily consumer credit, but you also may be asked to advise on payment, banking and data protection advice)
- Drafting customer-facing legal documents for these products
- Being a part of Product and Commercial teams, working with them to help design and deliver solutions that are compliant with Consumer Credit legislation and also PSD II
- Helping expand Revolut’s products and manage regulatory expectations, requirements and applications
- Proactively engaging and working with local regulators
What you'll need
- Minimal of 3 years PQE experience
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials
- Experience in advising on financial regulation
- Expertise in consumer credit and advising on related credit products (such as unsecured loans and credit card products)
- Expertise in relevant financial regulations and advising clients in the following areas: Consumer Credit legislation, PSD II and Banking regulations
- Confidence making decisions where there is ambiguity or incomplete information
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
Building a global financial super app isn’t enough. Our Revoluters are a priority, and that’s why in 2021 we launched our inaugural D&I Framework, designed to help us thrive and grow everyday. We're not just doing this because it's the right thing to do. We’re doing it because we know that seeking out diverse talent and creating an inclusive workplace is the way to create exceptional, innovative products and services for our customers. That’s why we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join this multicultural, hard-working team.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.