- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: www.ethoslife.com
- Company Address: 5001 Plaza on the Lake , Unit 305, Austin, Texas 78746, US
About EthosEthos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
The role of an Insurance Sales Specialist is to confidently guide customers through the life insurance buying process by educating customers on how life insurance works, which products are best suited for specific situations and to provide a world class customer experience by ensuring transparency in an industry that’s generally overly complicated, ambiguous and slow to adapt.
You will be responsible for outreach to customers that begin an application on our site, and will assist customers with their application, as well as guide customers through the final journey of purchasing the policy once they’ve been approved for coverage. If you’re looking for a role that is responsible for shaping the future of life insurance sales and provides security for families in the event that the worst were to happen, then look no further!
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong desire to win and overachieve, while exuding a positive attitude and positive energy with customers and teammates. We’re looking for experienced sales professionals with exceptional communication skills, a strong passion for helping others and a drive to improve and get better each day. In this role, you will:
- Engage potential customers through inbound and outbound calls, emails and SMS
- Educate customers on Ethos’ products and processes
- Uncover and understand an individual’s needs through in-depth discovery and position Ethos’ value according to those specific needs
- Build relationships and instill trust with customers in order to drive monthly and quarterly conversion targets
- Partner with colleagues in sales, marketing, customer experience, and product in order to execute team and company goals
- Manage a pipeline of customers and perform follow-up through the application and purchasing process
- Iterate and improve upon workflows and outreach strategies
- Drive referral activity by creating positive customer experiences
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience in life insurance telesales experience
- Strong proficiency working with Salesforce or equivalent sales/CRM software
- Strong sales track record and exceptional sales techniques with the ability to overcome customer objections
- Strongly prefer sales candidates that are bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to identify friction points for the customer and come up with solutions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Start up grit and can adapt to changes quickly
- Incredible drive to win
- Quick learner comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills including strong phone presence
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $46,000 - $200,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire on target earnings (OTE) for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We offer a W-2 hourly base pay plus commissions.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.