- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: www.flexport.com
- Company Address: 760 Market Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102
About FlexportAt Flexport, we believe a world that does business together is a better one. It’s called global trade. And freight forwarding is the $2 trillion industry that functions as the circulatory system of global trade — without freight forwarding, global trade simply wouldn’t exist.
Build the infrastructure to help Flexport scale
As an infrastructure engineer in Flexport, you will be part of the team building our next generation infrastructure and DevOps toolset for exciting new technologies that shape the future.
Product infrastructure team plays a critical role in this journey. As a product infrastructure engineer, you will work in a highly collaborative and fast-changing environment, and focus on improving every aspect of developer experience, service infrastructure, and performance of our services with DevOps best practice.
We are rapidly growing our engineering organization across multiple time zones and regions.
We are expanding our product infrastructure team across multiple regions now.
- Design and implement complex, scalable, enterprise-level architectures
- Build CI/CD pipelines and DevX tools to improve developer experience and productivity
- Build and improve our next generation core infrastructure
- Ensure infrastructure / security standards are being followed
- Working in global infrastructure / DevOps teams and collaboration cross regions
You should have
- Expertise with cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like docker and kubernetes, experience with AWS ECS, EKS is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions
- Proficient in at least one scripting language like Shell, Python, Ruby etc
- Preferably 6+ years of relevant work experience in Linux environments
- Extensive experience with Logging, Monitoring, Application Performance Management and other observations tools
- Knowledge on Network and Security
- DevOps and on-call mindset, strong problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Ability to communicate and work in English as a daily basis
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.