2023 Summer Full-Stack Software Engineering Intern (Masters)
- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: www.flexport.com
- Company Address: 760 Market Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102
About FlexportAt Flexport, we believe a world that does business together is a better one. It’s called global trade. And freight forwarding is the $2 trillion industry that functions as the circulatory system of global trade — without freight forwarding, global trade simply wouldn’t exist.
At Flexport you’ll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. Our platform provides a revolutionary new experience internally as well as for external clients to track their business risk and resolve them.
We are seeking to hire Interns in Bellevue, Chicago, and San Francisco offices. We are prioritizing candidates who are interested in working out of Chicago office as this will be the largest Engineering Hub.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app and introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin and Node.js. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres, Mongodb and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
- Be part of the technology engineering team to build new front-end for our clients and backend services enabling some of our core features.
- Work closely with product managers and design to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build and launch products rapidly and incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
You should have:
- Pursuing a Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Engineering field with an expected graduation date between December 2023 through August 2024.
- Seeking to intern full-time between May 2023 through September 2023 for 11 to 12 weeks
- An aptitude for learning quickly.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers and engineers alike.
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.