- Job Type: Intern
- Function: Intern
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 11/23/2022
- Website: www.flexport.com
- Company Address: 760 Market Street, San Francisco, CA, 94102
About FlexportAt Flexport, we believe a world that does business together is a better one. It’s called global trade. And freight forwarding is the $2 trillion industry that functions as the circulatory system of global trade — without freight forwarding, global trade simply wouldn’t exist.
As a Data Analytics Intern, you will work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. You’ll have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global trade. You will own and work through an entire data analytics project end-to-end over your 12 week internship.
It will ultimately culminate in delivering a production ready feature and presenting it and your process to our team. The Data Analytics team at Flexport has an enormous variety in the types of projects they work on and covers all Flexport departments, including Demand, Operations Excellence, Trade Lane Management, and everything in between.
- Lead and complete at least one data analytics project that will be used in production.
- Work with a supportive mentor who has a stake in your success and will help you grow.
- Work cross-functionally with the entirety of Flexport - analytics, engineering, product, and business teams.
- Apply analytical and statistical concepts from your education and work experience to real world challenges.
- Learn and use our modern analytics tech stack, including dbt, Snowflake, Command Line, and Looker.
- Be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a Statistics, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Information Systems or a related STEM field with an expected graduation date between December 2023 through August 2024.
- Completed coursework in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related fields.
- SQL fluency. Strong Excel / Python or R skills a plus.
- Exposure to data visualization tools; knowledge with Looker preferred
- A “compliance first” attitude to keep our regulators happy and enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
You will get:
- An assigned manager and mentor who will be dedicated to your success at Flexport.
- Projects and assignments which will help build your knowledge and skills while making a direct impact on the business.
- Visibility to leaders within the organization and opportunities to present your work/projects.
- Opportunity to join team building activities to get you familiarized with both your immediate team and other Flexport employees.