Director of Product Management, Customer Experience
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Logistics
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: doordash.com
- Company Address: , San Francisco, CA
About DoorDashDoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time.
At DoorDash, we're redefining the future of on-demand delivery. We're building a team of experienced product leaders to define and build on our vision of connecting local consumers with local businesses in every city in the world.
The Customer Experience team’s mission is to make sure every delivery is perfect -- from the time the order is placed to the consumer’s final bite. We believe that a great live delivery UX, powerful automated and agent support systems, and tight customer feedback loops will ensure that our merchants, dashers and consumers always choose DoorDash to connect with the merchants in their communities.
About the Role
To create an amazing and unique customer experience, we dive deep into the details of every interaction and use that to shape how to build our products. We’re looking for a Customer Experience leader with:
- Deep customer empathy. You’re motivated by getting into the weeds – talking to customers, reading customer cases, looking at outliers. Your best ideas come from getting close to your users.
- A mindset for scale. You can move from the weeds to the 10,000 foot view. You can build a vision that connects the experience of an individual user with the experience of millions of users. You’ve solved big problems at scale and know how to create delight with data and machine learning products
- Ability to create leverage with technology. Our customer experience has to always feel personal and customized, even as DoorDash grows in new geographies and use cases. As you build your products, you’re always thinking about how we create leverage for the future with great platform design.
Focus Areas Within this Role
- Live Delivery Experience - Your team will craft the UX that shows our customers exactly what’s happening at each stage of their order, and you’ll invent new ways of intervening if something isn’t going right.
- Automated Support - Your team builds the experiences that allow our customers to get fast and automatic resolutions to anything that’s not quite right with their order. You’ll design and build the best self help and chat automations on the web, leaning hard into NLP and data science to create a fast, personalized and effective experience.
- Agent Tools - Your team will ensure our agents (we call them teammates) have a powerful, data-driven suite of tools to ensure that every customer/teammate interaction feels personal and leaves the customer knowing that DoorDash has their back.
- Customer Experience Platform - The customer experience platform underpins every customer service interaction at DoorDash. The platform team powers front-end and back-end experiences for our users, ensuring that we can scale quickly and flexibly across every business line and geography.
You’re exciting about this opportunity because you will:
- Own the vision for how we make sure each delivery is perfect for our consumers, merchants and dashers
- Manage, develop, and hire a team of all-star product managers
- Build a strong roadmap across the entire delivery lifecycle -- from our mobile live delivery UX to our customer care systems -- focused on driving up customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Invent new ways to provide faster and more satisfying resolutions to our customers using automated systems like chatbots, text analysis and self help
- Work alongside your engineering, operations and design partners across the entire DoorDash platform -- consumer, merchant and Dasher -- to build the features that best achieve your goals
- Create direct relationships with merchants, consumers and dashers to deeply understand their perspectives and pain points as you develop your strategy
- Focus on developing and testing hypotheses and iterating rapidly as you build your perspective on how to win in this area
We’re excited about you because…
- You’ve got experience influencing in complex orgs, and are simplifying chaos and ambiguity into a clear product vision and prioritized strategy
- You’re always focused on the user, and have a keen sense for what will create delight and magic in the products you create
- You thrive in a cross-functional world where you’re closely partnered and aligned with your operations, engineering, design and engineering counterparts, and you know how to keep everyone working together toward a common goal
- Shipped creative and highly successful front and backend projects, including mobile UX as well as internal tools
- Clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform decisions
- 3+ years of experience managing product managers
- 8+ years of product management experience. Additional engineering or design experience is a plus!
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.