- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Fintech
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: revolut.com
- Company Address: The Columbus Building, 7 Westferry Circus, London, E14 4HD
About RevolutWhen Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate.
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 18+ million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 3000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
Let’s meet the Compliance team! 📉
Your friends don’t understand. Your family doesn’t understand, but we do. You have a burning itch to make it better, to be the best.
If being on the ground floor of establishing a compliance department and working on cutting edge products seems like a Tuesday afternoon to you, keep reading ✨
We’re looking for someone who’ll be responsible for advising our business on compliance requirements and related controls. Be warned, this is a very hands-on role, but we know you can do it
Up for the challenge? Let’s get in touch 👇
What you’ll be doing
• Advising business on compliance requirements and related controls
• Identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting on compliance risks in a retail MiFID firm
• Developing and implementing our compliance management system, particularly in relation to delivering compliant customer outcomes, managing the training program, reviewing marketing communications and analysing complaints. This includes developing policies and procedures and carrying out outcomes
• Ensuring that scheduled monitoring is undertaken with findings reported and followed up on and that the Compliance Monitoring Plan is continuously reviewed and prioritised
• Working with global Regulatory Compliance Managers to ensure that local risk management frameworks and processes are aligned with global ones
• Reading large pieces of regulation and breaking down what needs to be done and how it applies to the business model
• Liaising with regulatory bodies on matters ranging from inspections to day to day queries
• Creating, assessing, and implementing policies from scratch
What you'll need
• The ability to work under pressure, to manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
• A knowledge of how to conduct regulatory gap analysis, policy creation and implementation
• Experience in compliance risk management within a consultancy, compliance function or a regulator
• Knowledge and experience in the regulatory requirements relating to consumer protection, and a willingness and passion to develop knowledge and expertise in other areas (e.g. crypto, privacy)
• 2+ years working in a compliance team in/with investment firms, knowledge of MiFID II, MAR and other related regulations and an in-depth understanding of the regulatory requirements applicable to an investment firm
Nice to have
• Professional Certificate in Compliance/Professional Diploma in Compliance and/or a willingness to take exams in the future
• Degree in Business, Finance, Law or equivalent
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.