- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Transportation
- Post Date: 08/04/2022
- Website: carro.sg
- Company Address: 26 Sin Ming Lane, Singapore, SG, 573971
About CarroCARRO is an automotive marketplace that offers a full-stack service for all aspects of car ownership. By offering a trustworthy and transparent experience, CARRO challenges the traditional way of buying and selling cars through a proprietary pricing algorithm.
Carro is the largest car marketplace in South East Asia - our mission is to be the marketplace of choice for all automotive needs. At Carro, we catalyse change in the automotive ecosystem by driving higher standards, reshaping the industry with our solutions and empowering everybody with the experience they deserve.
The Data Science Department employs technology and innovation to accelerate Carro’s growth, implementing smart solutions to elevate the well-established automotive industry. The utility of technology is deeply ingrained in Carro’s internal structure and business models to provide an efficient system for both employees and customers. The Data Science Department has engagements with projects such as computer vision, general machine learning, resource optimisation, amongst many others.
Carro is seeking to hire a self-motivated senior mechanical engineer in the IOT Engineering team. You have a proven record of excellent project delivery to lead a number of company projects and great time management skills. If you would like to constantly improve your skills, come join us!
- Work with a cross functional team on detailed electro-mechanical design at product level, sub-systems, modules and components level.
- Support and review critical technical development related to electro-mechanical.
- Support feasibility study on conceptual design for new products.
- Resolve issues and improve product assembly with jigs/fixtures.
- Ensure the product design and functionalities meet user needs, able to fulfil cost target and quality specifications.
- Perform analytical studies, risk assessment, mechanical verification and validation on the product.
- Ensure proper documentation and communication of product designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with more than 5 years’ experience in design and development of electro-mechanical or robotic systems.
- Strong technical capability to develop, optimise designs for mechanical structure and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Good knowledge in various materials (metal and plastic) and manufacturing processes for product design.
- Proficient in 3D CAD modelling software SolidWorks, in creating engineering drawings, applying GD&T, kinematic and dynamic calculations.
- Experience overseeing and coordinating design and production activities is preferred.
- An analytical problem solver to identify root cause, devise/evaluate/recommend optimal solutions to prevent future issues.
- Natural ability to communicate technical information, and build interpersonal relations with the team members.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and organised with good teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills, takes initiative, hungry to achieve results, is resourceful and a team player.
- Experience with RF simulation software is advantageous.