- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: fetchrewards.com
- Company Address: 131 W Wilson Street Suite 400, Madison, WI, 53703
About Fetch RewardsFetch Rewards is a mobile shopping platform that rewards shoppers for buying the brands they love. The Fetch Rewards app gives users the easiest way to save on everyday purchases by simply scanning their receipt.
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 13M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based remotely in the United States or hybrid in Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Madison, New York, and San Francisco.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require growing the engineering team. We’re looking for Backend Engineering Apprentices to contribute immediately and hopefully transition to full-time positions upon completion of the internship. We seek Graduates who are able to work full-time hours immediately. This is not a summer apprenticeship program.
You will build highly performant backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data stores, message queues, mobile and web platforms, and other systems. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with the mentorship of an experienced team member.
In your tool-bag:
- High level languages (Go, Java, Python, Node.js)
- An understanding of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- Object oriented or functional programming languages
- Relational and eventually consistent databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Distributed systems
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.
- Candidates must be located in the US to work for Fetch Rewards.
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock Options
- 401K Match - Up to 3%
- PPO and HDHP plans | Dental | Vision | Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays + End of Year Break
- Flexible 9 weeks of Parental Leave
- Full time wellness coach to help meet your exercise & wellness needs
- WFH Setup. Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done
- Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, cooking classes, etc.